It’s been a while since I’ve done a Thankful Thursday, and since I’m doing a 30-days-of-thankfulness challenge, it seems only fitting that I have a Thankful Thursday today.
Today, I’m thankful for :
- A working furnace … I have very little, if any, tolerance for cold, so I really appreciate the warmth that a working furnace provides.
- My new iPhone … we use our Jetta when we travel, and it runs on diesel. Sometimes the signage along the interstates indicates which gas stations sell diesel, but sometimes there isn’t any indication which sell diesel … and of course that always seems to be the time when we need to fill up. I downloaded an app that will tell us where we can find diesel (and the price, too). I also downloaded an app that will help us find lodging for when we need to stop on the road. (And of course, there’s the Words With Friends app, too! )
- Sunshine … it was *COLD* this morning when I got up, but the sun shining brightened my day. I don’t suffer from S.A.D., but I will say that my mood is better when the sun shines.
- Neighbors who are friends … one of the secondary reasons we were looking to move 4 years ago was our hope to find some good neighbors. We were the first family to move into this new neighborhood, so we had no clue what kind of neighbors we’d be getting … but God has been so good … He’s given us wonderful neighbors, several of whom have become good friends.
- God’s love … He loves us so much that He sent His only son down here to die for us so we could spend eternity with Him.
Today DH and I will be joining the Prime Timers (from church) for lunch today. Beyond that, we have nothing on our schedule today, so I’m hoping to spend my afternoon quilting.