We skipped the Hodgepodge last week, thanks to Superstorm Sandy and the resulting power outages. But we’re back this week and are off on the second 100 Hodgepodges!
1. What rule of life should never be broken?
Never take those you love for granted. Life is too short to let anything get in the way of making sure that those we love know that we love them.
2. What's your favorite family recipe?
What I refer to as “Mom’s potatoes”. She’d fix these every time we’d cook out on the grill, and as a result, so do I. I’ve passed them down to DD, who would need another grill in order to have room for 6 pieces of meat and enough potatoes to feed 6.
3. Is the media manipulative?
Yes. I can remember when the media simply reported the news … and we drew our own conclusions. Then there was a very subtle spin … now the spin is no longer subtle. Unfortunately the right is now as guilty as the left … to where I cannot find an objective source for “just the facts, Ma'am”.
4. Hubs and I saw Skyfall last weekend...are you a fan of the Bond films? If so, who's your favorite Bond?
I wouldn’t call myself a fan of the James Bond movies, but I would say that my favorite 007 would have to be Sean Connery. I mean, with that charming accent and those good looks, what’s not to like? And on a non-Bond note, it doesn’t hurt that he’s aged quite well.
5. What is one thing you hope people never say about you?
I would hope that they never say that I’m unkind or uncaring.
6. What's a nearby tourist attraction you'd like to see, but haven't gotten around to visiting?
The Cahokia Mounds. We pass by it every time we go to St. Louis … I can’t believe that we’ve never visited.
7. Where's your favorite tree?
The Angel Oak on Johns Island in South Carolina.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today I’m thankful for:
- The beauty of God’s creation … the Angel Tree, the Rocky Mountains, the oceans
- The travels that DH and I have taken … to see so many of those beautiful sights
- Gas fireplace … just flip the switch and instant heat
- DVR … last night’s NCIS was recorded, and I plan to spend some time this afternoon with needle and thread while getting caught up on NCIS