Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankfully it’s Saturday


I don’t know about you, but I’m sure glad that the weekend is here … what a Friday!

I got my “chores” out of the way yesterday morning and sat down to do some quilting.  Of course, that was when the water softener rep showed up.  By the time we finished up with him and had some lunch, it was close to mid-afternoon.  But there was still some time to quilt … or so I thought. 

For some (unknown) reason, I decided to take another look at the wall quilt I finished last month … and saw that the marking pencil lines hadn’t washed out on a couple of the blocks.  Surprised smile  I tossed the quilt back into the washing machine … and the lines were still there!  Thankfully, after another couple of washings (including some work with a pre-soak and a toothbrush), the lines are gone.  But not before there was some major panicking going on at Chez Nana … not only did that wall quilt have visible marking pencil lines (how could I possibly put something up on the wall with the visible lines?!?!), but I am in the middle of another quilt, using the same marking pencil.  I tried to remind myself that I’d used that pencil on the previous two quilts, on much lighter fabrics than I used in the wall quilt - with no lines showing … but that wasn’t much consolation with those marking lines staring me in the face.  Winking smile

By the time I finished up with the wall quilt, it was time to start making a couple of apple pies for the fundraiser this evening … and then dinner.  By the time I finished up in the kitchen (including cleaning the floors … I’m not usually THAT messy but yesterday was just one of those days!!), I was too exhausted to do any quilting.  Eye rolling smile 

I’m hoping that I’ll be able to do some quilting today, but I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to do.  I’ve got to make a large pot of chili for the fundraiser this evening.



Today I’m thankful for:
  • Cleaning products and perseverance … got the marking lines removed from my wall quilt

  • The opportunity to help out at the fundraiser

  • Another warm, sunny day … hopefully we’ll be able to open the windows for a little bit again

  • An early start this morning … maybe I’ll get some quilting time after all

7 comments:

  1. Good morning! Glad you finally got those lines out ~ how frustrating! That's just how some days go huh? One minute it seems like the whole day looms in front of you, and the next it's over and your not sure what happened! Enjoy your day today, and hope you get to quilt somewhere in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand that frustration! The washable blue markers don't last that long and the pencils are hard to get out. I am missing working on the quilt but don't think I'll have time today either. Have a wonderful weekend my friend!
    Love, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you got the marking pencil off the quilt.

    Apple pie sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so glad those lines came out. That's not good for what ails you. ;O)

    You have been busy in the kitchen for sure. Apple pies and chili, I'm impressed! I did make the dressing for our Thanksgiving and that was trouble enough. :o)

    Have a good rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your pencil marks finally came out. Sounds like you were pretty busy. I haven't been baking at all since I am doing low carbs.
    Pies sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, so thankful for this week to be over

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got the lines out! I can imagine your concern...after all that work. Hope you had time to quilt today and that you enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)