Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday's Stuff - Thankful Style

Today I'm thankful for Jesus.  Because of Him I am free, I have salvation, I have forgiveness, I have a friend who will never leave or forsake me, and I have hope. I am thankful that He is my Lord ... and my Savior.  I'm thankful that God knew how much I needed a Savior ... and sent His Son for me.


I mentioned last week that we are creating a sewing space for me in our third bedroom.  Space is at a premium ... the room is not a large one (approx. 13x13?). There's a daybed on one wall (for the grands), there's large windows that take up one wall, and there's a good-sized closet that takes up the third wall. The 4th wall is mine. Taking into account the windows and closet, I have about 96" of open wall available to use.  I'd like to be able to set up a table or tables where I can sew and cut my fabrics; I've been using a small folding table, but it really isn't large enough for cutting and sewing.

I knew that because of the space limitations, I'd have to be creative in putting together this sewing area.  But I didn't think that it would turn out to be so difficult to try to come up with something.  :-o  In the 10 days since we made the decision to create a sewing area in the that bedroom, I have been diligently searching the web (sewing furniture websites, quilting forums, furniture sites, etc.).  A couple of times, I was sure that I had found the solution ... only to discover some part of it that just wouldn't work (or worse, it wouldn't fit in my budget :().  I think I finally have a workable solution ... it may not be my dream solution, but it will work quite adequately and more importantly, it fits in my budget - and that's what counts! 

I'm planning a quiet day at home today ... I hope to get some quilting done tonight.  I also hope to be able to bring in our puzzle table and get it set up so we can start that large puzzle.  Those of you who asked for pictures will be rewarded for your patience!  ;)

Remember, daylight savings time ends tonight ... so don't forget to set your clocks back an hour ... spring forward, fall backward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am SO glad you stopped by! No proving that you're a robot here ... I want to hear what you have to say! ;-)