This weekend I ...
- went to dinner Friday night with neighbors who have become good friends
- had Saturday morning with the 3 younger Ts while T#1 picked up food for scouting with his Cub Scout pack (no scouts hit our neighborhood, so I was able to put some canned goods into a sack for him to take with)
- spent the rest of Saturday with the 2 little Ts ... did I go ahead and take that nap, you ask? no, but I sure should have ;-) and will definitely have an early bedtime tonight
- got the 2 littles to church for Sunday School and worship
- got caught up on ironing (slowly but surely, I'm weeding out all of DH's button-front shirts that need to be ironed)
- spent the rest of the day taking it easy
Today I'm thankful for public libraries. I enjoy reading ... I've always been a reader. I remember as a young girl, walking the several blocks to the library in my home town and coming home with the maximum 3 books. Of course, it didn't take too long to read those books ... and back I'd go to get another 3 books. I loved to read so much that I had dreams of becoming a librarian (until I learned that a librarian didn't just get to sit at a desk and read books ha!) Now, I can check out more than 3 books (but usually don't because I don't always have the time to sit and read as much as I'd like) ... and thanks to the internet (and the regional library system), I can order the books I want to read right here from the comfort of my home, wait for the e-mail to notify me that the books are in at my local library, and go get them. Easy peasy. I'm thankful for public libraries.