Becky is taking a well-deserved break, so I don't know if she's going to host the usual "This Weekend I..." I like the weekend wrap-up, so I'm going to go ahead and post one for this weekend.
This weekend I ...
- painted our puzzle construction tray. Yay! I finally figured out that it was Carolina Gal's blog where I saw the puzzle tray; go ahead and take a look at her tray here ... and check out her blog while you're there! It appears that she and her hubby did a better job painting theirs than we did ours ... DH brought home a can of white primer/paint combination. I probably wouldn't have chosen that, but it seemed like it would be a real time saver (especially since the instructions certainly gave me the impression that one coat should cover). Since we were painting unfinished MDF, I thought we might need a second coat ... but I certainly didn't think that we would have to put on THREE coats! What's worse is that the second application didn't turn out well at all. I chose to use a sponge applicator ... to eliminate brush strokes. I guess you shouldn't use a sponge applicator with this kind of paint ... because it turned out even worse than it would have with a brush! It looked like it cured/set up before I could even move on to the next small area! I was so disappointed! I did use a brush for coat #3, and while I definitely see the brush strokes and if I look at it from an angle, I still see some residual "mess" from the sponge applicator ... but it definitely looks way better than it did after coat #2 with the sponge applicator! I'm a very
analfastidious painter, and I'm usually quite pleased with my paint jobs ... but not this one! :-( DH reminds me that it's not like it's a piece of furniture that will be on display ... he and I will be the only ones seeing it ... and there will be puzzle pieces all over it. That's true, but I'll still see the imperfections. <sigh>
- got a little quilting done ... not nearly as much as I had hoped because I had to give that puzzle tray three coats of paint.
- went to Toys R Us with DD and the Ts ... to check out the toys and create the Ts' wishlists for Christmas.
- gave out candy to two trick-or-treaters ... yes, just two ... not counting the Ts who came over Saturday night to show off their costumes. But it's more than we had last year. Now, whatever are we going to do with that leftover candy?
- watched the Blues pull out an exciting come-from-behind OT victory against Atlanta and watched the World Series (alas, while the Rangers were finally able to defeat the Giants, they've fallen behind 3 games to 1 ... it's not looking good for the Rangers).
- worked in the toddler nursery this morning ... that's my favorite age, even if there are 12-15 toddlers all at the same time (including a few rowdy 3 year-olds ... yes, one of those would be T#3! ha!).
- moved small stuff and some of our furniture in anticipation of getting our carpets cleaned this afternoon ... we'll finish the job up this morning.
How was your weekend?